Central Florida Swimming Pool Inspections
CFBI proudly offers pool inspections as an upgrade service during your home inspection or as a complete stand-alone inspection service. Please see details and commonly asked questions below to decide what type of service would work best for your situation. We are always available to answer any questions regarding your Orlando/Central Florida area pool inspection needs.
What is a pool inspection?
A pool inspection is a visual inspection of various components that make up your in-ground pool or spa system. We will write up a special report with digital photos and findings based on our inspection. During a visual pool inspection, we do not enter the pool to perform up close evaluations of the pool surfaces below the waterline. We inspect the following items during the course of your pool evaluation:
- The Plumbing
- Adjoining structure as it relates to the pool or spa;
- Solar heating system
- Pumps and motors
- Electrical system
- Filtration system
- Pool or spa heater
- The safety barriers and devices
What are the local safety requirements for a pool?
Every state varies and it can even vary depending on local municipality requirements however there are some standard safety items that every Florida pool should have:
- Pool cover or barrier
- Self-closing and self-latching gates around the yard
- Pool safety alarms
- Electrical grounding and bonding issues
- Proper GFCI protection
- Safe walkways around pool
- Ladders and steps
- Proper filtration and chemical treatment for microbes
What is the cost of a pool inspection?
A visual pool inspection will be a lower entry cost then a full in-depth leak evaluation. We have two types of pool inspection services:
- Standard Pool & Spa Inspection (no leak detection)
- Comprehensive Pool & Spa Evaluation (includes leak detection)
We typically perform most of our pool inspection services for clients also having a home inspection however we also offer stand-alone pool inspection and leak detection services. The pricing is a little more for the stand-alone appointments. There are a few factors that go into pricing a pool inspection or leak detection service.
Here are some items we will need answered to properly quote out the services:
- Where is the pool located? (address/city)
- Will the pool inspection be added to one of our other services like a home inspection or will it be stand-alone?
- Other features present with the pool - Infinity edge, multiple pumps, waterfall features, fountains, etc.?
Do you provide leak detection services?
Yes we do! CFBI is proud to introduce our newest subsidiary…Leak Lifegaurds, your trusted partner in pool leak detection! We specialize in providing prompt and accurate leak detection services to homeowners with pools. Our experienced technicians are “always on duty to save you money” by preventing costly water loss and damage to your pool, equipment and the surrounding areas.
*Leak detection currently unavailable in Tampa area