Orlando Pre Drywall Inspection
Why get a pre-drywall inspection on your new home construction?
During the course of building a new home, many things can go wrong and that is why we at CFBI recommend conducting a pre-drywall installation inspection. This service is performed after the rough plumbing, electrical, HVAC, framing and roofing installation. This allows us the opportunity to check for defects before they are covered up by insulation and drywall. This is an in-depth inspection which will require substantially more time than a typical home inspection.
All CFBI pre-drywall inspections include a blueprint review to ensure the builder is following the plans and items are being installed in the correct manner. Sometimes, things get missed so it is imperative to evaluate and repair them before the drywall will cover them up.
Every CFBI inspector is certified and trained in pre-drywall inspections and will perform a thorough top to bottom inspection to identify areas of deficiencies. We will take photos of any issues and will include them in a detailed report like seen here: sample report
Items checked during a pre-drywall inspection:
- Grading around home
- Windows & Doors
- Exterior walls/sheathing
When choosing a home inspection company for your pre-drywall inspection make sure to ask these questions:
- TAre your inspectors certified in pre-drywall inspections?
- What is your experience with them? How many have you done?
- }How long will you be onsite performing the inspection? (hint: this is very important and can show a lot about the level of detailedness - our inspections typically take 4-6 hours)
- Do you review blueprints and compare them against the home's features?
- What type of report do you supply? Do you have a sample you can share?
- Can you go back and perform a re-inspection?
- Do you have all the necessary licensing and insurance to provide the builder?